Friday, February 26, 2010

Preserving Beans

I made homemade baked beans the other day only to have my husband get the flu and not be able to eat them. What to do with them? I don't eat beans. The kids certainly wouldn't eat ALL of them. And I didn't have freezer bags to bag them into to freeze. Hmmm.....
Then I thought, could I can them? Is that safe? They do have some meat in them. So I did what any respectable woman with a question would do....I googled it. ;-)
And sure enough, it can be done safely. Meat is well cooked. No dairy contained in recipe. Jars were sterilized and processed long enough. The result was 2 quarts and 2 pints. I'm going to let them sit on the self for a few weeks before we try them out.

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing Theresa!!
    And yes can you please post on Dishwasher and Laundry detergent soon?! would love some tips! I got the ingredients already to make the liquid detergent but would love the dry one too.

    I love the theme you are doing for your son!! sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete