Sunday, February 14, 2010

Adding To The Mix

We've made the decision to move forward on our goal of "hobby farming". After much deliberation, list making, money crunching, date setting, etc we have decided to start with alpacas. The end of April we will be going out to Montana to pick up 3 young male alpacas. Over the weekend we received pictures of some of the ones that are available. We've fallen in love with Chester. There are a few more, but I'll post them later (having trouble saving them to a file??).

Big John:


Chester:
 
Bonanza:

5 comments:

  1. If you have an alpaca named "big john" what will we call your John? hmmm...the deliberation begins...because you know if john the alpaca has a prefix your John will need one too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa John? Don Juan? hmmm.....

    You make a pretty good point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for your comment Theresa! YOu are so right, and it encourages me to see other marriages like yours, and hear that it is possible to have a love like that sustained over the years.

    Also, this post fascinates me! So cool! I think they are kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are cute NOW. I used think they were pretty darn ugly and strange looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo funny. Well, "pretty darn ugly" I don´t know but weird looking..... a little bit. Now, as you say, they are very cute. One of our neighbors used to have a LLama and she protected the goats from any kind of danger. I think that it is very cool that they do that.

    ReplyDelete