Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back To The Grind Stone

Hayden went back to school today. He has been ready for a few days. I haven’t been. I liked having him home again. And I liked not having to make the 2+ trips into town each day. *sigh* Oh well.

With school starting again, John back on his regular schedule, and the holiday’s being pretty much over, I am looking at my daily life a little bit differently lately. Could it be the resolution? Could it be grace from a well lived Advent? Could it simply be preparation for the baby coming in just over 10 weeks? I am peaceful and happy and excited for the next adventure.

A few things off my baby prep list:

*Yesterday I received a confirmation from my mother that they would take the kids for the weekend at the end of January. It was a request of John’s that he and I have a weekend alone before the baby comes. A weekend alone AT HOME. You can imagine how excited we are!!! We can sleep in. We can have nice leisurely meals. We can watch a movie without being interrupted. We can paint the extra bedroom and maybe the mudroom. We can go on a date without paying for a babysitter or having a curfew. The options are endless! ;-) The kids are great and we have fantastic amounts of fun with them, but we could certainly use a weekend alone before another babe graces our family with her presence.

*Over this past weekend I finalized a cloth diaper order. A friend of ours has been sewing and selling her own diapers for a couple years now. And I am extraordinarily excited about being able to support her business and receive some high quality diapers in the process. I’ve written about cloth diapering in the past. Years ago we purchased the best cloth diaper on the market (at that time) for Hayden. We used them a little bit with Yvette and a little bit with Wyatt. They have more than paid for themselves 3 times over and are pretty much useless at this point. We never seem to have enough money to buy a new round of cloth diapers so I never really shopped for them. When I got pregnant, one of the first things we discussed was setting money aside for some of Rachel’s diapers. I gave her notice right away but didn’t finalize anything until this weekend. And though she’s been sewing for years, I just recently had the opportunity to SEE the actual product in person. WOW. Wow. I’ve seen and used and researched enough of cloth diapers to know that her diapers are……WOW. High quality. Custom made. Affordably and appropriately priced. And…wow. I’m almost giddy about them. We sat and talked cloth diapering for a couple hours, finalized what I wanted, and put an official order in. Baby Backowski will be comfortable in her new gender appropriate oh so soft on her butt diapers. And we will be free from the chains of having to buy disposables, dispose of disposables, and deal with insane prices of disposables. I figure after about 4-5 months, these new cloth diapers will have paid for themselves. So excited!
www.chelory.com

*extra bedroom is cleaned and ready for painting

I’ve just got to purchase all the homebirth supplies we’ll need, pull out the necessary receiving blankets, warm sleepers, and cute clothes, and make a few meals to put in the freezer and we should be good to go. I’ve got a thumbs up from my medical doc that all is good for a homebirth. My midwife is fantastic. And the holiday’s are done so we can focus on BABY. OH…..I suppose I should start that major knitting project I’ve been planning for our newest addition.

Praying for the energy to follow-through…….

Here…..goes!……..

No comments:

Post a Comment