Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blog-Lovin'

Apparently there are a whole lot of people that read my blog. Several people comment to me either through email, through face book, or verbally. LOTS of people chit-chat with my mother about my blog posts. But the thing is, very few of you leave comments on the blog and I currently only have 12 “followers”. So……what does a woman have to do to get some blog-love? Post more often? Okay. Our canning season is winding down and I am finding more time. Done. What do you want to hear about? This blog has turned into a hodge-podge of random thoughts, simple daily life, opinions that people may or may not want to hear, or nothing at all. When I began Preserving Love, I did it with the intention of transmitting the joy of simple living. A joy in simple things that has been passed down through the matriarchs of my family…something that I want to share and pass down through my own children. I wanted to transmit the possibility of joy in simple things that are chosen not necessarily the consequence of. I try to stick to that but sometimes it just seems a bit boring or redundant. I mean, how many times can I sing the praises of my clothesline for crying out loud! Or post pics of my canning sessions. I mean, who wants to keep hearing about that?! I get some solid comments when I post “real life” things like the dissolving of a friendship, death, miscarriage, simple romance, etc. What is it you guys want to hear about?

A few posts I can foresee in the near future:
*baby prep
*natural childbirth - something I am very passionate about
*simple renovations on the house - in prep for baby
*pumpkin harvest
*alpaca stuff
*knitting projects underway
*crash course in bread making - I’m going to “teach” myself. That should be interesting!
*a few book reviews - I’m reading some good ones

And of course don’t forget about the random occasions that launch me to my soapbox. One can never plan for those times. ;-)

I guess the direction I am going with this is:

PLEASE leave me a comment if you have one.
PLEASE “follow” my blog if you find yourself stalking it for current posts. I like to know that I’m liked. ;-)
And PLEASE leave me suggestions because sometimes I am just at a loss so I don’t post anything.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! And I do like when you post occasionally about the "heavy" stuff as well. I vote for natural birth (because I'm a bit nutty about that myself) and alpaca stuff (because I'd like to learn more about it).

    Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here! I love reading about your garden, canning, the farm, and knitting. These are thing I am interested in but need a lot of encouragement to pursue. You have some rare gifts!!

    ReplyDelete