Monday, April 12, 2010

A Few Of My Absolutes...

Is there anyone else out there who thinks macaroni and cheese tastes better with shaped noodles?

There are some things in my world that just HAVE.TO.BE. For instance:

- my macaroni and cheese noodles must be shaped
- my oreo cookie cream must be white....NOT holiday colors like green, red, or pink. WHITE.
- spritz cookies taste the best when they are shaped like christmas trees, dyed green, and have sprinkles...no matter what time of year it is. ;-)
- molasses cookies are only edible (to me) when they are rolled and cut with an old Spam can
- Santa only comes on Christmas morning.......not Christmas Eve, not days before or after.....Christmas morning
- smiles and compliments are meant to be given no matter what type of mood you are in....it will most likely make you feel better. ;-)
- gifts and favors are meant to be given without expectation
- always return what you borrow
- loan only what you are willing to lose
- wedding anniversaries are meant to be celebrated and recognized (especially in this day and age)
- family members are meant to be cherished no matter how crazy, selfish, reserved, or annoying they can be
- piles of autumn leaves are meant to be jumped in before bagging and burning them
- don't be afraid to tell your siblings you love them or give them a hug....you never know if it will be the last (believe me)

- share yourself - your person, your time, your talents, your laughter and smiles with those who mean the most to you....

Just a few absolutes in my life......

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this! Made me laugh. so many good ones!

    ReplyDelete