Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seeking Silence

Seeking silence to focus is about as acheivable as world peace. Seriously.....it is a beautiful concept that is likely to stay only an ideal rather than a reality (in my world). So what is my realtiy? My reality is better than silence. My reality is "Mom! I need you....Mom! I love you.....Mom! I need help... Mom! Can I have some tickles?...Mom!" My reality is dirty diapers, piles of laundry, a perpetually messy kitchen, shoes everywhere, crying, laughing, screaming. My reality is the opposite of silence. My realtiy right this second is a two year old girl who seems to think she doesn't need a nap and she is communicating this by screaming at the top of her lungs until she gets her way.....or passes out. Whichever comes first. How do I handle a screaming two year old with a trantrum (or someone acting like one)? I have to remember that I am the adult. I am the parent. And I have the final say. And so I am silent though the world around me is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment