Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Almost "full term". Do I continue waiting or shall I start making some more extreme efforts to coax this baby out? Thing is, I've done that in the past with little to no results other than disappointment. We'll see.

Wyatt (my baby of almost 3 years) has magically potty trained and transitioned to a big boy bed in the past few days. He spent a couple days with his grandparents and came home with a renewed attitude about potty training. He's had only a couple accidents since Monday. Dry naps. Dry nights. We took down his crib yesterday and replaced it with a twin bed complete with tractor bedding. No issues so far. My baby is a big boy. I have mixed feelings about this.

My hands are numb. I've acquired a nasty nasty nasty case of carpel tunnel in both my hands this pregnancy. And it pisses me off!!!!! I haven't been able to knit for months. Seriously. Months! It was as if once Christmas came and went and I was done with my Christmas knitting then it got significantly worse. I had hoped to spend this time nesting and knitting for the baby with my magnum opus being a spectacular christening gown. Nope. Instead I have 2 inches of the gown done and a handful of incomplete projects none of which are for baby. It is driving me nuts!!!! And pissing me off!!!!! All I want to do is knit! And I'm not so sure time with be in my favor once the baby comes. I've resigned myself to this cross. Really, it is a cross to carry....though not exactly the heaviest I've been gifted but may be the most annoying. *sigh*

We are anxiously awaiting Friday as we have FINALLY a dinner date with some friends whom we've been meaning to get together with for a very long time. So excited.

Did I mention that my house is almost completely cleaned and organized? Yup. In January my parents took the kids for a long weekend giving John and I the opportunity to get some stuff done around the house. We managed to get a majority of the house cleaned, organized, and the last of our boxes packed away in one of the outbuildings. Yes, we've been here for nearly 4 years but we've always seemed to have a box or 2 in a random corner waiting to be sorted through and put away. Well, it's done. DONE! And then last week John's parents called and asked to take the kids for 2 nights. What?! We were thrilled of course. And the kids were so happy to get out and spend a weekend with their grandparents. John worked during the day which gave me all day to leisurely tidy up, enjoy the silence, watch a movie, and nap when needed. In the evenings we enjoyed our meals together in the quiet, watched TV, and went to bed early. Getting 7-9 solid hours of sleep a night really does something to an overtired parent. Wow. So after this past weekend (in addition to the one we had in January), we feel rested, spoiled, and completely ready for baby to arrive. So now we wait.

Is it normal to eat 6 oranges in one day? I crave oranges lately. So I eat them. Because they are healthy and yummy. And peanut butter spread on apple halves. Heaven. I suppose my cravings could be worse.

I'm happy it's Lent. Not sure yet what exactly I'm going to sacrifice or do or whatever. But I am happy it is Lent. I so enjoy these liturgical seasons that guide us into fantastical feast days. It increases the anticipation, deepens the understanding, and makes the spiritual life that much more intimate. Happy Lent Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting some necessary nutrients with your snacks.

    Glad that you have everything in order and the little man is potty trained. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad he is potty trained! Two is diapers isn't fun as you already know. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Carpal Tunnel with each pregnancy, but worst with the 3rd. It was agony, truly, and made the last weeks nearly unbearable. You are getting SO CLOSE! You are in my prayers as you prepare to transition. It will be wonderful!!! I've had two Easter babies, and it made Lent very real. In so many ways you have my prayers, because I feel like I just walked this path last year...

    ReplyDelete