Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Due Date Passed

Today is such a bittersweet day for me.

Today marks a birthday that will never be.

Today would be Lyla Jayne's due date.


And so, sweet angel baby of mine, today I mourn for you (still). Today I weep tears of sorrow that I will never hold you in my arms in this life, that your Daddy will not witness your birth into this world and lay kisses and tears of joy on your tiny little forehead as he's done with your brothers and sister. Today you are not forgotten. You.Are.Loved. You are loved so deeply. And I know with every fiber of my being that though you are not here with us, you are loved where you are......your grandparents, your brother, your uncles, they are all taking care of you while we (your Daddy and I) wait for our meeting.

I love you.

I love you so very much.


2 comments:

  1. http://www.passionatepapist.com/an-overdue-letter-to-my-children-in-heaven/

    if you haven't read this...this was our case yesterday...sooooo beautiful! Reminds me of how well you honor the lives of ALL your children!

    God Bless, In Christ,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have anything to say, except that I am here, too, acknowledging that a life was lost. It must be so hard.

    ReplyDelete