Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hubby Humor

Just wondering if there are other pregnant women whose husbands find it comical to send them into the liquor store to do their buying. ???

John usually does the liquor buying when the occasion comes along. But I started noticing that he'd ask me to run and get it saying, "I'll watch the kids so you can get out for a little while by yourself." Sounded sweet. But then it started being accompanied by a little cracked smile with a dimple (you know how I love dimples). And then the real kicker.......we'd be out and about together and he'd decide he wanted beer and send me in to get it. That was when I started wondering and asked him about it. He just smiled a dimpled smile.

Fine. If I get a smile with dimples just for running into the liquor store for a bottle of brandy, then I'll probably continue doing it. Rest assured I DO make sure the cashier knows I'm buying for my husband so he/she doesn't feel guilty selling liquor to a pregnant woman. Geesh.

Thank goodness we don't live in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment