Monday, May 30, 2011

The Sweetness of My Reality

Just an FYI, my life is NOT perfect. Quite honestly it is a mess - both figuratively and literally. Please don't mistake gratitude and positive outlook as boasting. That is absolutely NOT what I am trying to transmit here. Lots of terrible things have happened in my life and my family's life and I've come to realize that wasting time bitching and moaning about little things is useless. It's a waste. And I choose to try to look on the brighter side of things.....express gratitude for seemingly simple things like green grass and black dirt. I've lost a lot - though not as much as some - and I am so filled with gratitude for thing simple things that I do have....that have been given back to me.

I am trying to practice gratitude and sincere appreciation for the everyday.

With that being said......my gratitude today is for my husband. He is the most hard working man I have ever known. And he does it for us. He works a job that he really isn't all that fond of doing, he takes as much overtime as he can get, then he comes home and works outside on a shared passion - our little piece of farmly heaven. He works so hard. And he's never really take vacation "just because". It has always been so we could spend a holiday with family or so he could take a hunting trip or do some work for someone else or post-baby or whatever. But this year he decided it was time. He worked almost the entire month of May and now has almost the entire month of June off. Just Because. Tomorrow is day 1. And already I've seen him smile more, relax more, and talk more. This month is going to be just what our family needs: TIME.

And so I say with sincerity and gratitude.....Today My Reality Is SWEET.

No comments:

Post a Comment