Friday, May 13, 2011

An Easter To Remember....

Easter weekend was one I will never forget. A young woman I am privileged to call my little sister was welcomed into the Catholic Church. It was beautiful. It was very inspiring to witness. This young woman, after years of prayer and participation and study, chose this for her life. And what made it one of the most awesome things to witness wasn't so much that she was becoming CATHOLIC, but that she had freely chosen something that brought her great happiness. She chose it on her own....she sought it out, studied, prayed, and took the leap of faith. I am inspired by this young woman.

After the Easter Vigil, many friends and family gathered to celebrate our newest member of the Church. And this is what we did. We sang. We sang. And we sang. For hours a rather large group sang with all their hearts.

I am grateful for such friends. I am grateful for Ellen's leap of faith and her example. I am grateful for opportunities for fellowship. I am grateful for my own faith. And I am grateful for the Church. God is truly good. And this video makes me smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment