Friday, February 4, 2011

Turkey Burgers and Beans

Can you tell what I'm dreaming about?

You got it.....summertime...sweet summertime. Yes, I can almost feel the warmth. Oh, wait....that's from the wood stove just a couple feet away. *sigh* Apparently Mr. Groundhog says an early spring. I'll believe it when I see it. Early spring means early flood. Flood...our inevitable reality every spring.....you want to see pictures of the past couple years?....I'll post them in another post. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, please oh please enjoy a scrumptious turkey burger recipe that we've come to love. I know....turkey burger? It was a hard one to get past my husband at first. But this recipe is very tasty and John has actually requested it a few times. AND, considering ground turkey is much cheaper than ground beef right now (and much healthier)...well....
it's worth a try if you are looking for something different:


1lb ground turkey
1 egg
1 green onion
1 garlic clove
1/2tsp ginger
1-2T soy sauce
1T brown sugar
1T sesame seed oil
2tsp sesame seeds
1/2tsp black pepper

mix together and patty out for frying. *ground turkey is a bit mushy, so what I use is a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop and patty it on the pan.
serve on a bakery bun with lettuce and tomato and cheese and you will be in heaven. SO TASTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment