Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back To The Projects

It has been almost a week since I've picked up my needles. And boy am I crabby. ;-) Just kidding. I do feel a bit withdrawn though. Such are the symptoms of a fiber addict without something to work on. Truth be told, I have several projects on the needles that need to be finished before starting anything new. We've just had some incredibly busy busy busy days this past week.
Anyway, my goal today is to get my housework done:

*dishes...there seems to be an endless pile of cruddy dishes in the sink
*laundry...I've got 3 loads to do
*baking....it is currently -22 degrees here and I have decided to bake bread this morning and cookies this afternoon to help keep the kitchen warmed up
*vacuum (in between dumping out the toys)

IF I can accomplish just half of this today I will be a success! THEN I can sit and knit til my heart's content this evening and finish up my projects so this weekend I can start something new. OH how I have a few projects I'm dreaming of.

I'll keep you posted.

Anyone working on anything during these cold days? baking? sewing? house projects?

3 comments:

  1. We have a lot of laundry going on today, too. I think I'll make a pot of chili to keep the house smelling "cozy." It's about -25 here today too, so I have no plans to venture out of the house.

    Good thing I bought some chocolate chips at the store on Monday. Cookies might keep the kids busy for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -22 degrees?!! Oh my goodness!!
    You need to post some pics of some of your crocheting! I would love to see. Something I admire and feel that I wouldn't have the patience for.

    I can relate to the loads of laundry and vacuuming! I feel like somedays I pick up the same room of toys at least 20 times and wonder why my back hurts..ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received an order for a few neckwarmers. Guess I know what I'll be casting on this weekend. ;-)
    I will most definitely post some pics of my almost finished soon to be finished knitting projects. That's my goal today is to finish them up and get started on my orders. YAY!

    Anna, I make the kids pick up toys before sitting down for meals and snacks. Which would translate into about 5 times a day including bedtime pick up. I TRY to run the vacuum at least once a day. Sometimes it doesn't even look like I did anything. I GET the perpetual chaos. Such is our life as moms, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete