Friday, November 6, 2009

What's In A Name...

Ever since I can remember I've had this obsession with unique stationary, thoughtfully written and made cards, one-of-a-kind journals, cool notebooks, writing pens, etc. I own TONS of (empty) journals, all bought with the intent to fill them with thoughts, stories, and little treasures. I've always thought there is something truly personal, terribly intimate, and absolutely timeless about a handwritten letter, daily journal entries, or simply drawings, poems, song lyrics, clippings, etc that are put into a book and stamped with someone's name. In a way it immortalizes a person's character and personality and at the same time makes a person so vulnerable and exposed. Such is art....and what a lost art it all is.

For too long I have wanted some sort of functional and creative outlet. Something that isn't too massive of a project. Something I can work on and continually change or develop. And something that I can finish with a sense of accomplishment and with the hope of offering someone else some happiness or joy.

"Preserving Love" is my means of sharing what I love the most: caring for my family. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with our children and make a home for my husband. Even though my perfection in this wavers and is darn near embarrassing most days, my pride in this grows daily. There has always been a rooted desire in me to learn more about canning, cooking with whole foods, growing and using what we can from the garden, reusing/re-purposing things, and basically making life simpler, healthier, and better. My hope in "Preserving Love" is to remind people of a time when life was not so fast paced, disposable, and revolved around the immediate. That this IS attainable.

The simpler life.

No comments:

Post a Comment