Monday, May 17, 2010

Darn Squito Bugs

The mosquitos are out. If it weren't for the fact that I grew up in Minnesota, my nearest and dearest reside in Minnesota, and the scenery of this state is truly spectacular.....if it weren't for those things, I'd leave. Scratch that. The only reason I stay in this state is because my family is here. That is it. I'd give everything else up because of those blasted bugs! Seriously?!!!.....I cannot for the life of me think of any possible benefit for the existence of mosquitos. They are quite possibly the most annoying, blood sucking, disgusting parasites that JUST DON"T GO AWAY! Perhaps that is the reason for their existence......to get everyone that much closer to heaven. Sanctification. Could that be their purpose?......to help instill some level of virtue in the inhabitants of Minnesota? Nah, that couldn't be it. That is too noble of a purpose. Mosquitos are not nearly that important. *sigh* I hate them. I do. But I live with them because I love my family. There. *sigh*. I sure do hope my family realizes how much I love them. ;-)

The weather has been absolutely beautiful for a couple days now. After weeks of rain and gloominess, the grass is like a thick jungle, the bugs are hatching and spreading, and my little babies are getting eaten alive! Does this stop them from playing outside? NEVER. My oldest son Hayden comes up to me yesterday (while itching the nasty little bites on the back of his neck) and says, "Mom, do you think that if we were nice to the mosquitos and let them sit on our fingers like butterflies do then they won't bite us anymore?"
Sigh. Oh the innocence. But I just had to break the news to him, "No sweetheart. Mosquitos are meant to be killed. You go ahead and swat at every single one that lands on you."
"OOHHhhhhh. Okay. Don't worry Mom, I will save you from the squito bugs."
Since our mini facts of life conversation, he has taken it upon himself to be the official mosquito hunter of the family. He's getting pretty good at it too.

Darn squito bugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment