Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesdays With Him (week 3)

The Midwives, Jochabed, and Rahab

It brought tears to my eyes as I read through this chapter. I love this Bible study for the simple fact that it brings to life the most beautiful examples of faith, femininity, and motherhood. I suppose I'm stating the obvious, but it just has to be said.
All I could think about were the little souls God has placed in our care. The little lives we have been blessed with to raise and form. Oh the responsibility!! I love parenthood. I do. It trials...the ups and downs...the never-the-same days....the joy and humor these kiddos bring to everyday life through their innocence and childishness. I love it!! I beg God every single stinking day for the grace to do right...to do His Will. I beg for the grace for myself during these formative years and for the children in the future as they begin to choose for themselves.

Life! I just don't understand how people can snuff it out. I just don't understand how people can say NO to it. I just don't understand how society has made it into this disposable object that can be brought about and/or killed according to convenience. I just don't understand!!!

I love Rahab and her story. Her life, her person, her virtue humbles me.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. Parenthood is an immense responsibility but such a blessing! It's good to be reminded! Thanks for your kind comment today!

    ReplyDelete