Friday, May 24, 2013

My Parents...38 years!

I have to say something. I have to recognize the greatest example of married love that I have witnessed with my own eyes. My parents. Today they celebrate 38 years. In those 38 years they've brought into this world 5 children and have buried 2 of them. They have walked the gamut of love and loss, sorrow and joy, suffering and healing. They have seen and experienced tragedy and miracles - sometimes within days of each other. It is with great gratitude that I say, "Thank you". Thank you, Mom and Dad for your example. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your commitment to your faith, each other, and to us. It is because of your example, your prayers, and your love that we have weathered the storms of grief, climbed the mountains and persevered through the trials of married life, and embraced the adventure of parenthood with a willing and joyful heart. All with great hope because of you.

Perhaps those are strong statements, but it is absolutely true. By the grace of God. I am so grateful and so proud to be yours. And I pray that after 38 years, John and I might have what you have in each other......love, happiness, friendship, chemistry.


I love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment