Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another

I suppose it can be said, as there is no hiding it at this point, that #5 is well on its way. Expected to arrive somewhere around the end of September/beginning of October. I’ve been sitting on this announcement for a while. We only just told our parents at Easter. It seems that the more children you have (after 2 or 3) the less excited people tend to be.

“But you already have the perfect family (2 boys, 2 girls).”
-Me: “And another baby will screw that up how?”

“Already? Wow, that was fast.”
-Me: “A congratulations would be nice.”

“Don’t you know how to stop?”
-Me: “Have you seen my husband?”

“It isn’t a contest you know.”
-Me: “I don’t tend to win anyways.”

“O…M…G.”
-Me: no comment

“There are things that will help with that you know.”
-Me: “You think this is a problem we have?”

“You guys are overachievers.”
-Me: “If so, clearly you are an underachiever with only 1. You should raise your standards.”

It amazes me how quick people are to comment on our family size. Comment in a negative way at that. Like we don’t know how crazy life is with kids. Geesh. “You’re going to be so tired.” We’re already tired. We’ve been tired since the first one was born. But goodness has it has been fun! And really, our kids are pretty good kids. Strong characters and a handful some days, but all in all they are exceptionally well behaved. And for that I am very proud.

Anyway, #5 is in the oven. And we are thrilled. Absolutely elated. It’s amazing how much life changes and shifts because of a little person.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, dear! Your children are blest to have such generous parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOHOOO!!! haha yay!!! so happy for you. We are praying we can have another one. Never take it for granted ;)

    oh yes all the lovely comments...grew up listening to them being the oldest of 10 and they still haven't changed or gotten any more creative.

    I saw a list of humorous replies in ncregister one time and my favorite reply to the "Wow, don't you guys have cable?" comment:

    "If you think cable is better than sex, you're doing it wrong."

    :) I hope i can use that someday ha. Anwyays...wished you live closer so we could throw you a party. Count on our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one!

      "If you think cable is better than sex, you're doing it wrong."

      LOL

      I think of you often when people give snubby remarks about large families. To be honest, I hardly consider 5 kids a "large family". Whatever. I just remember you posting something about thanking your parents for the gift of siblings....always having someone to play and plan with, to share secrets with, someone you know loves you regardless of mistakes. I get that. I had that most especially with my youngest brother, but with my older brothers as well to some degree. I pray my children will continue to value eachother in that way. "Be best friends no matter what" as Wyatt says.

      Delete