Friday, August 12, 2011

Romance

My husband isn’t a traditionally romantic man. What I mean is, instead of real flowers for no reason he might grab a bunch of fake flowers at Walmart as he’s walking through to the electronic section. Hey! At least I know he's thinking about me even when he's out running an errand. Or I’ll get the occasional super comfy jammies that he picks out when he knows I’m just a bit stressed (and by comfy I mean soft and fluffy pj pants and a tank…not some silky number). And when he’s being super creative, he’ll spend some extra time at the hardware store trying to pick out the next random yet awesome kitchen appliance that I might like (e.g. old fashioned ice cream maker, popcorn popper, a Forman, etc). Our date nights usually consist of putting kids to bed and throwing in a movie or going outside to finish up a project together without the kids or of course there’s that never ending wood pile that always needs trimming. I must say, I DO like to watch him chop wood…..that man can swing an axe like a gosh darned lumberjack. *sigh*
And instead of love notes and sweet nothings whispered in my ear, he simply glances at me and holds my attention by some magical smoldering eye thing he does. It gets me every single time. Makes me weak just thinking about it. But what I might love the most about my oh so romantic husband is the fact that he gives me a whole weekend alone at home every few months. Alone. He takes the kids for a long weekend to his parents’ house and I get to stay home. Alone. You moms out there would appreciate this gift. It truly is a priceless one. Yes, my husband is not a flowers and chocolates, dates and love notes kind of romantic. Though sometimes I wish he was, I always go back to all that he’s done for me and given me and the details of love he shows me day in and day out. He’s quite simply MY KIND of romantic.

And so, this afternoon begins a weekend alone for me.


Thank you sweet husband of mine!

1 comment:

  1. You get WHAT?! A weekend ALONE?!?! That is, by far, the most romantic thing I have ever heard! Good for you!! :)
    Abby

    ReplyDelete