Monday, August 15, 2011

Random loves....

new movies I've seen and really liked:

Despicable Me - hilarious!
Sofie Scholl - awesome
Get Low - don't have many words for this one other than....watch it

I have a renewed liking for Sour Patch Kids. Almost as yummy as Hot Tamales. Almost.

Vacuum bags. The storage kind you find at Walmart...or on an infomercial. They are truly awesome. Life saving actually. Can you believe I fit 4 king sized down comforters into one XL bag? Yup....down to a size smaller than a couch cushion. Awesome I tell you.

Downsizing. I spent most of my weekend alone cleaning out the kids closets. What in the world was I thinking keeping all those clothes and baby gear?! #1: all the boy clothes have now gone through 2 bodies. Enough is enough. #2: most if not all of our baby gear has gone through 3 babies and is at least 5 years old. The stuff is severely used and could stand to be replaced when the time comes. Downsizing is both therapeutic and lucrative. I now have enough stuff to get rid of to have a garage sale. Plus I'm motivated to keep sorting and finding more.

Garage sale at our house next weekend. Lots of kid clothes, baby gear, winter jackets, etc.

My hammock swing. John cleared a spot at the edge of the field and hung my oh so precious hammock swing that has been sitting the closet for the past 4 years. I love him. So now I have a little quiet spot that is only mine to flee to when I need some peace and quiet...even if only for 15 minutes. Nothing like listening to the wind, swinging leisurely, as I look out into a field. Yup. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment