Monday, April 18, 2011

Preparing Our Hearts

As Holy Week begins, I find myself longing to offer some final painful sacrifice in an effort to unite myself to my Lord's ultimate sacrifice. I kind of chuckle at how minuscule and seemingly ineffective every single one of my offerings are. And yet, they are all that I have to offer. The little pains of my day. The luxuries that I've come to rely on and desire. My heart aches to know His pain and at the same time I cringe knowing that He'll accept and I will suffer.

....because He loves me with all His being.......

and I love Him with all my heart.....

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could love like that. It's great to see people like you in the world who are capable of loving like that. I've longed for comfort, you long for pain I'd offer a trade, but I would not wish this on anybody, even though it pales in comparison to what he went through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Anonymous, I KNOW that kind of pain. I weep just remembering. And I KNOW that there is Light. I pray for you. Know that I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete