Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dancing in the Minefields

I saw this video for the first time last fall and loved it. It made me cry. I was reminded of the words preached at our wedding. The homilist spoke of the cross that marriage is. Not the cross that marriage can be, but the cross that it IS. And the abundant graces and blessings that are given when it is carried TOGETHER and carried with faith. The beauty of the suffering that we all inevitably experience in more ways than one is astounding.
The song also reminded me of my parents. Two people who have suffered more in their short 35 years of marriage than many lifetimes of marriages combined. Two people who have carried their cross with such grace and faith it is INSPIRING. I always knew I was blessed to be born to them....to belong to them.....

I love you mom and dad. Thank you for your example.

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, that is an incredible song! It really touched my heart. Going to download.
    You are so right, the cross together is much sweeter when carried together than it could ever be carried alone.

    ReplyDelete